Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Building a frog cake...


Single 8" round
Frost the top and add a board for the next
cake to sit on
Single 9" round
Cut off some to smooth out the back
Add it to the butt area
I left the overhang in the front
Frost the top and add yet another board for the next cake to sit on

Add some tops cut from the 8" and 9" to
make the head domed on top
Add bug eyes and brows
I used 'egg' cupcakes
This is chocolate cake scrap molded to make the
thighs
More egg cupcakes for the legs
I didn't end up leaving the last pieces
I did the feet with frosting instead
Crumb coat
Frost the whole cake
Add warts, mouth line, and more lift to the eyebrows
This will all get sprayed
Spray cake
I used brown, green, and yellow
















Add buttercream for eyes
The eyeballs are the only fondant on the cake

No comments:

Post a Comment