Monday, October 7, 2024

Spooky Halloween Food

 The pictures below were all screen shots from Pinterest, originally posted by numerous talented cooks!





Notes after trying the above recipes in class:
Date Roaches-they're already cut from the pit being removed. Use a mix of whatever cheese you like. We used cream cheese & feta. Try using prosciutto since the pepperoni didn't get super crisp.
Hasselback Potato-These make a yummy side dish for something different. Put any spice, onions, cheese, panko, etc. over the top. I put them in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes to partook them.
Putrid Punch-makes more than 2 quarts, so use a large pitcher
Ratloaf-If you don't want to do bbq sauce, catsup would give the same fun (gross) results.
When forming, put half your meatloaf mix, all the 'guts', then the rest of the meatloaf.
Shape into a rat shape.
Brimstone Bread-I couldn't find the bread mix so I used my 'no-knead' bread. It's mixed the night before making. I put some butter in my pan, probably should have sprayed it or used parchment. I just freehanded some 'rolls'. For the topping, I couldn't find the rice flour so I subbed 1/2 Tapioca flour and 1/2 cornstarch. I would only add 1/2c. warm water. Also, there was really no need to put it on so thick.
Slugs & maggots-marzipan recipe - 1cup each almond flour and powdered sugar, almond flavor or vanilla. Add corn syrup (approx. 1/4 c.) til it gets to a handleable consistancy.
Dead finger cookies-If you don't have frosting, (we used royal icing), you can use some jelly, but do that just prior to serving so they don't get soggy. Melted red candy melts would be even better.
Shrimp Udon-I doubled the sauce recipe. I'd suggest adding a cup of water to make it saucier and to cut the saltiness. If you want to try homemade noodles, check this out: https://redhousespice.com/hand-pulled-noodles/ Don't skip the resting step!




No comments:

Post a Comment